Hi, I’m Deborah Petersen & this is My Adventure!
I am budding photographer and blogger, with a background in Psychology and Social Activism.
My roots are in Cape Town, South Africa where at the age of 13 years I embarked on my social activism career as an Anti-Apartheid activist.
As far back as I can recall, I have always wanted to be of help and make a positive difference in this world.
Up until I left South Africa in 2003, to move to Switzerland, I campaigned around a host social issues including:
- Sexual Violence;
- Human Rights;
- Provision of anti-retroviral medication to HIV positive people;
- Prisons and the Reintegration of offenders;
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);
- Poor communities access to basic services; and
- Cruelty against animals.
My mission is Doing Things Differently, not being different but living differently.
The first way I am Doing Things Differently is by cultivating an attitude and way of life that focuses on the positive.
In everything that I experience I search for at least one positive in it.
I believe that no matter how traumatic or bad an experience, there is always a lesson that can be learnt from it – a positive take away.
The second way I am Doing Things Differently is by speaking honestly and publicly sharing my experiences.
I do not believe in telling lies. As a result, everything you read on Doing Things Differently is true. And of course, everything is written as seen from my perspective – very subjective.
The third way I am Doing Things Differently is by seeing my glass as “half-full”.
I focus on all the good in my life. I acknowledge the crappy things but no longer allow myself to be dragged down by them.
I feel privileged to have this life that I am living, warts and all!
I also feel immensely lucky to have this platform, Doing Things Differently, to share my experiences and thoughts with you.
In fact, I believe that we should all have such platforms, which is why I am inviting you to Join Me.
It is really simple
- Subscribe to Doing Things Differently – enter your name and email in the form and click “SUBSCRIBE”
- Like Doing Things Differently’s Facebook page
- Share Doing Things Differently using the share buttons below each Blog & Blah post
- Use your Facebook login to comment on a Blog & Blah post that resonates with you